The order of individual tasks is a guide only and is subject to change depending on the situation. Also, the later tasks are more indefinite and are subject to change as development progresses.
(1) Improve maintainability <current phase>
This is the phase we are at now. We need to make a high-maintenance environment that can withstand future development.
Make the number of type errors zero (backend)→ Done ✔️
- Improve CI
Fix tests→ Done ✔️
- Fix random test failures - https://github.com/misskey-dev/misskey/issues/7985 and https://github.com/misskey-dev/misskey/issues/7986
- Add more tests
May need to implement a mechanism that allows for DI→ Done ✔️
Measure coverage→ Done ✔️
- Improve documentation
- Extract the logic of each endpoint definition into a service and just call it
(2) Improve functionality
Once Phase 1 is complete and an environment conducive to the development of a stable system is in place, the implementation of new functions can begin gradually.
- Improve features for moderation
OAuth2 support https://github.com/misskey-dev/misskey/issues/8262→ Done ✔️
- GraphQL support?
(3) Improve scalability
Once the development of the feature has settled down, this may be an opportunity to make larger modifications.
- Rewriting in Rust?
(4) Change the world
It is time to promote Misskey and change the world.
- Become more major than services such as Twitter and become critical infrastructure for the world
- MiOS will be developed and integrated into various systems - What is MiOS?
- Letting Ai-chan interfere with the real world
- Make Misskey a member of GAFA; Misskey's office must be a reinforced concrete brutalist building with a courtyard.